Monday, June 1, 2009

Kansas first city


Has December really been the last time I wrote here or went someplace. I remember a good weekend in February and thinking that would be a good day to hop in the car and travel, but then I realized one of the things I enjoyed about last summer was the rich green color of the trees and decided to wait till spring.


Spring found me in the hospital and now doing well, so I finally returned to the road. About 45 minutes east of Topeka on the turnpike and North of highway 7 about 20 miles. Here is the demographics from Wiki



Lets check off what makes an interesting city

1. Part of the Lincoln story.

2. Bleeding Kansas.

3. Lewis and Clark passed by on the Missouri River

4. Buffalo Bill was there, Melissa Etheridge, Grammy and Academy Award winner grew up there.

5. An above average BBQ place

6. An army base with Nazi POW buried there and a Memorial to the Buffalo Soliders.

7. Victorian Manisons

8. Home of Fred Harvey of Harvey Girls fame , if you remember last years I'd run into Harvey Girl history everywhere I went.
Picture wise I'm going to divide this into several entries, so much happened here.

No comments: